Saturday 28 January 2017

ABOUT

Hallo and thank you for finding my page. A warm welcome to the world that is Richie McCoy's Gymnastics Photography and Art projects.



I have been interested in photography since I was about 14 or 15. My first camera was a compact 35mm which I used to take pictures of landscapes with. I also used to create my own filters for the camera (the first I made was to produce a smoke effect - made with a pair of my mom's old tights and some cardboard).

Over the years I have dabbled in various genres of photography - mainly landscape and model photography - but my yearning has always been to work with gymnasts. Whether it be competition photography, photographic art, digital art or experimental projects merging images with drawing/textiles/materials I seek to create stunningly unique pieces of work.

My main area of interest includes Women's Artistic Gymnastics, Rhythmic Gymnastics, Aerobic Gymnastics, Aerial Gymnastics, Acrobatic Gymnastics and Contortionism (not sure if I just made that word up but you get the picture).

I welcome invitations to travel (see "bookings" section for more) and am happy to collaborate with people on projects. I am currently looking to shoot a number of different genres of gymnastics for a photo exhibition I am looking to put together for 2018 in which the photos will be sold to raise money for charity. More news of that will be posted in the "news" section (please check regularly for updates).

If you are a gymnast or involved in gymnastics I look forward to working with you. If you are here just to browse my art then please enjoy. I am contactable via e-mail at mccoygymnasticsphotography@gmail.com and am also on Instagram. Just look for McCoy Gymnastics Photography.

Regards,
Richie McCoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.